3.09.2009

slow progress



First off - let me say I am so tired of snow - It snowed again here in the Pacific Northwest, the place where it doesn't snow - remember? that's why I moved here from Detroit?


I've got too many irons in the fire - the Bead Journal Project, a class on Joggles.com, getting ready for ArtFest, a collaborative necklace project. . . and making slow progress on each of them.
Here is the work to date on the February Bead Journal Project page.

and updates on progress on 2 of the six projects for the joggles.com class - I'm so far behind on that one - thankfully my boss at my day job is going to Mexico next week so I'll have more free time. (yay!)




I really kind of like the back of the painted quilt - I might try doing something like this in the future - just free motion line drawing on muslin - pretty fun huh?


So that's where I'm at this second week of May - behind on a lot of things and just rather discombobulated - If I owe you a phone call or an email response, I'm sorry - I'll get to it as soon as I can - life is just rather annoying right now.

4 comments:

shebaduhkitty said...

Re: the back of your dog quilt... that is pretty much what I did on this piece
http://www.flickr.com/photos/shebaduhkitty/2269794705

So did you stay home today becasue of the snow?

I am behind on everything too, too many projects!

Jane LaFazio said...

hope your boss doesn't read your blog! you are accomplishing an incredible amount AND with a day job..I didn't realize Catrina was 20x30--yikes! and fabulous too.
all your work is looking great!
my husb has been in Seattle this last weekend...yup..the snow is crazy.

Gena Lumbroso said...

These are all pretty cool! Bravo. I like the back of the dog quilt and the bead quilt, and... you make me a little out of breath with all you do; truly proof that time is expandable! Have fun at art fest and keep those quilts coming!

Sea Mist and Sunsets said...

Gotta say...I continue to be in awe of your ability to complete so many wonderful and fresh works through the years. Your recent quilt work looks like the perfect balance to the "hard on the fingers" bead work. All terrific. Especially liking the painting/quilt of your dog. Have a great time at AF.