10.23.2007

Home from ArtFiberFest

None of my projects are completed and my bags aren't unpacked. I did want to write this down though before I forgot it -

And the day came when the risk to remain in a tight bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. Anais Nin


EDIT: ArtFiberFest was wonderful - it was quite small and intimate, like ArtFest used to be in the way back olden days (I crack myself up). Anyway, it was great. On the opening night, Teesha provided us with little packets and taught us how to make a funky quilt square - I became addicted to them and ended up making a whole book!

This is the back of it.
I made signatures of 140 lb watercolor paper that are sewn in - It is a big, fat, floppy book and I love it - +











My first class was happy hooking with Mary Stanley who is just a delightful person. I don't know that I'll ever do this again, but I've always wanted to learn and this environment was perfect for that. I made a little house











Friday, my class was with Kristin Steiner - I love Kristin - She creates the most warm and nurturing classroom environment in the world. This is the accordian book I made in her class.





The last day was a class with Pam Garrison - I was very tired by the last day. But I made this crazy quilt/wacky journal all the same. It's quite wonky and the fabrics really don't show true in this picture, but you get the idea.

My birthday was the Saturday of ArtFiberFest and my friend Suz brought me this yummy cake!

I had a great time, enjoyed doing nothing but playing with fabric and my friends for three days in a beautiful location but was very very very glad to be home!

2 comments:

Padparadscha said...

What a beautiful quote !

Mary Stanley said...

Hi Diane! Thanks for pointing the way to your wonderful Blog. WOW! Love your hooked house and all the great beaded and fiber art you've done! It was DeLightful having you in class at ArtFiberFest!
Best wishes,
Mary